返回列表 發帖

Vultr – $5/month 768MB KVM VPS in multiple locations and $5/month 160GB storage VPS in NJ

Vultr – $5/month 768MB KVM VPS in multiple locations and $5/month 160GB storage VPS in NJ

Vultr is the next provider in my series of surprise posts! Having come “to the scene” at LowEndBox and LowEndTalk only a couple of months ago, they have quickly gained popularity. They technically have been featured before in the 2014 Q1 Top Provider Poll, where they came in ninth, but I felt they needed to be in the spotlight just a tad more. Vultr has SSD-based cloud servers starting at $5/month in multiple locations across the globe. Last week they got stock back in their London location. In addition to that, they currently offer services out of New Jersey (NJ, USA), Dallas (TX, USA), Los Angeles (CA, USA), Atlanta (GA, USA), Chicago (IL, USA), Tokyo (Japan), and Sydney (Australia). If you think that’s a long list, keep in mind that their Frankfurt (Germany) and Paris (France) are currently out of stock and will be available again in the future. Contrary to some other “cloud” providers, Vultr offers you the option to deploy any distribution you like by uploading your own ISO, which gives this service a real nice edge. Vultr uses modern hardware with latest generation Intel CPU and pure SSD drives. The bandwidth varies per location, but I see a Level3 and an nLayer logo on their website, so I think they are at least used heavily in the USA and Europe! If you give them a shot, or already have, please share your experiences with us!

As a limited time promotion, Vultr doubles all the payments you make up to $100! This is not a LowEndBox.com promotion as this is a surprise post!

SSD KVM VPS
  • 768MB RAM
  • 1 CPU core
  • 15GB SSD space
  • 1TB bandwith
  • 1Gbps uplink
  • 1x IPv4 address
  • KVM/Custom
  • $5/month
  • USA (New Jersey, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta)
  • Amsterdam, The Netherlands and London, UK
  • Tokyo, Japan and Sydney, Australia (100GB bandwidth)
SATA Storage VPS
  • 512MB RAM
  • 1 CPU core
  • 160GB SATA disk space
  • 1TB bandwith
  • 1Gbps uplink
  • 1x IPv4 address
  • KVM/Custom
  • $5/month
  • New Jersey, USA

While Frankfurt and Paris are listed as out of stock, you could get lucky by getting an instance there. I clicked on one of those locations to get notified and got a ‘Pending’ instance to see it being deployed about 15 minutes later. So, always worth a shot if you need something there.

Vultr accepts payments via Credit Cards and PayPal. Each instance comes with one IPv4 address, more IPv4 addresses are currently not available but may be in the future. IPv6 is also still under development. SMTP is blocked by default to prevent SPAM. To unblock SMTP you need to contact support and fill out an authorization form. For more information, read their FAQ. And as always, read their Terms of Service before ordering!

Network information
To test connectivity to all of their locations, please check this page: https://www.vultr.com/locations/

返回列表